Melanotan I (MT-1) 10mg
Firstly, Melanotan 1 aka afamelanotide, is a synthetic analog of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH). Thus, a hormone belonging to the melanocortin group of peptide hormones, which have different functions in the body. Further, it induces skin pigmentation through melanogenisis, melanin production. For example, melanin prevents cellular damage in the skin by absorbing, reflecting and refracting light.
How Melanotan I works:
Melanotan I works by replicating alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone in your body. The alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone binds to melanocortin receptors and induces the production of the pigment melanin in skin cells. Therefore, the more melanin your skin cells produce, the darker your skin will appear. In addition, Melanotan 1 ([Nle4-D-Phe7]-α-MSH) is a 13 amino acid linear peptide in which the fourth amino acid, methionine, is replaced with norleucine and the seventh amino acid, L-phenylalanine, is replaced with D-phenylalanine.
In conclusion, evidence suggests that the ability of Melanotan 1 to boost the production of the skin pigment, melanin, and is beneficial in the treatment of various skin conditions:
- can help treat erythropoietic protoporphyria, a painful skin condition caused by sensitivity to sunlight
- faster and deeper re-pigmentation in patients with generalized vitiligo (pale white skin patches)
- reduced symptoms with mild to moderate acne without adverse side effects
- can help treat pre-cancerous skin lesions of the head, forearms, and hands in patients who had an organ transplant
- reduced the symptoms and increased the length of exposure to the sun in patients with sunlight-induced skin sensitivity and itching
- combined with UV-B light or sunlight was significantly effective for skin tanning in response to light
- effectively increased the melanin content of the skin, which in short, helps protect the epidermis from damage caused by UV light
Molecular Formula: C78H111N21O19
Molecular Mass: 1 646.874 g/mol -1
Amino Sequence: Ac-Ser-Tyr-Ser-Nle-Glu-His-D-Phe-Arg-Trp-Gly-Lys-Pro-Val-NH2
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RESEARCH ONLY
This designation allows the use of research chemicals and peptides strictly for in vitro testing and research, to be handled by qualified and licensed professionals, in laboratory settings only. Bodily introduction or injection of any kind, into humans or animals, is strictly illegal by law. This product is NOT for human use and can be harmful if ingested. This product is not in a sterile solution. It is not a drug, food, or cosmetic.
Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to ordering.